FFAC Recap - Week 3: Bullies the Movie



What if I just ended it with that? Technically it is Wednesday as I write this, and technically it's Wednesday when this gets posted. Sweet sweet internet memes. God bless the internet.

Anywho, Shelby and I welcome Ryan in this weeks FFAC Podcast, check it out. We don't mean to intentionally bully MJ every week. We absolutely mean to intentionally bully Shiv every week.

RECAP

Alright, I half assed it last week, I apologize. But we back, and we got that juicy juice.

We're at juuuuuuuuust about a quarter way through the regular fantasy football season. I did the math. Week 14 is playoffs. 13 / 4 = 3.25. 3 Weeks have happened. You know what that means (to Shelby's disdain): PLAYOFF PICTURE!

After the weeks matchup recaps. Does this count as clickbait?

BLOWOUT OF THE WEEK goes to Nick, who not only puts up the new season record of points scored at 149.02, but also the new blowout record of the season as he completely tears apart Jay 149.02 - 84.34. That's a whopping 64.68 points. Only 5 fewer points than MJ's entire team put up this week. This is also the 2nd time this season Nick puts up over 140 points. Keep an eye on that man. Jay you suck.

Jamie, for back to back weeks, is involved in the closest match of the week, as Fireball ever so slightly edges her out in a 97.64 - 97 win. Another match decided by less than 1 point. Jamie likes to keep things exciting apparently.

And now to MJ, again, I'm sorry to do this, but another dunce of the week award, as MJ puts up a paltry 69.32 points against yours truly, as I win 107.54 - 69.32. At least it looks like Doug Baldwin may return this week, so all is not lost for MJ just yet.

MJ wasn't the only one feeling the pain, though. Ryan also took it to Stefan in a 35 point victory. Stefan now finds himself at the bottom of the Eggs division, but at 1-2 and only a game back, all hope is not lost yet.

Zach is still our last remaining undefeated team, as he beat Shelby in an upset (based on last weeks projections) 115.16 - 104.7. Zach still has the fewest points scored against, so me thinks the schedule is going to start playing a factor here. Idk I'm just a meteorologist... I'm leaving this in.

SHIV YOU ARE BAD AT THIS AND NOW YOU'RE 0-3. Sorry for the bullying. Good job on the win KO.

STATS

You know, when the games themselves are happening, the matches are much much closer than the stats show, but here they are:

Avg Points: 101.82
Avg Margin: 25.96
Biggest Blowout: 64.68 (Nick) *New Season Record
High Score: 149.02 (Nick) *New Season Record
Low Score: 69.32 (MJ) *New Season Low
Best Performance: 40.54 (Brees, Danny)

Are ya'll ready for stupid early wild and unsubstantiated speculation? Because I am!

Q1 SEASON REVIEW

There are no current ties to get into the playoffs, so any ties are broken up by point total merely for seeding. That being said:

1. Zach 3-0 *
2. Nick 2-1 *
3. Ryan 2-1
4. Fireball 2-1
5. KO 2-1
6. Danny 2-1

*Division Leaders

So, it just so happens that our 1 and 2 seeds are the current division leaders, but Zach gets the edge over Nick strictly over record, Nick is about 40 points ahead of everyone in total points. So that's our current Q1 playoff picture. Everyone else (minus 0-3 Shiv) is sitting at 1-2, so there's so much time left for ya'll to snag these spots, but I'm going to go ahead and say that Zach, Nick, & Ryan (!) are the current only "locks" to stay in the playoff picture all season.

Why's that? Well, fine reader, those 3 are our highest total point scorers so far, and they're starting to pull away. Obviously there's some luck involved as poor matchups could affect standings, but usually high scorers are in good spots. So it's not all that wild speculation, I always have SOME data to point to. If you don't believe me, go check the Pts For yourself. Also I'm really trying to curse Zach so he finally gets a loss.

Let's revisit this after Week 6 to see how good my crystal ball is. Also, good on you Ryan, already proving my preseason prediction wrong. I suppose MJ is also proving me wrong with that RoY prediction...sorry, low blow.

PREVIEW

Just like Week 2, Week 4 is the week of the 2-1 v 1-2 teams (mostly). Zach plays Jay and KO plays Ryan (both 2-1).

So, back to the thing I said I was going to do weekly but then didn't so I'll do it again:

Jay v Zach
Fireball v Shiv
Ryan v KO
Nick v MJ
Shelby v Jamie
Danny v Stefan

The matchup I'm looking forward to (let's call this bit: America's Game of the Week, original and my own) is Shelby v Jamie. One of them is guaranteed to come out 1-3, not a place you want to be in headed into Week 5. Sorry Jamie, but I'm rolling with Shelby on this one.

For the others, I got Zach, Fireball, Ryan, Nick, and myself (do you think I'll ever bet against myself?). I'll start keeping track of my record for shits and giggles, if any of ya'll wanna get in on this action, comment your predictions in the blog and I'll toss that in the weekly recaps.

Stay vigilant on those waivers, watch out for them under the table trades. Register to boat. It's getting cold out, only so much time left. Wow, so funny.

Papa B

Comments

Popular Posts